Wednesday 22 May 2013

All the fun of the fair!

My last post was all about getting ready for Tynemouth Market and making lots of gorgeous cushions, lampshades and gifts. Well that was a weekend ago now and what fun we had! We were up early packing the car up and checking we had everything. I nearly forgot my coat as it was such a bright sunny morning, but later I was so glad I went back for it, brrr it was chilly.

With my very lovely assistant we soon got set up and all our layers on and I must say the stall looked lovely and jolly. People were certainly drawn to the bright bold colours of my Pods cushion and the Fern rug. I sold a few items and got some lovely comments on my work and people seemed impressed that it was all designed and handmade by the same person. 

The market has such a great atmosphere even on a grey, cold day and lots of the other stall holders gave encouraging comments and tips. I certainly felt welcome and often got asked if I'd be there next week.

I will be hopefully doing the Tynemouth Market once a month and will be busy making things in between.

All packed up and ready to go!
The boot is stuffed, good job the car is an estate.
Nearly set up, with rug, lampshades, cushions and gifts.
One of my bird prints, with hand embroidery. 
Copyright Ballistic Owl 2013

This Saturday I will be at the Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club with MC Craft Events. I'm really excited about this as the organisers asked me to come along after seeing the stall at Tynemouth! 

I'll have my cushions, lampshades and my gorgeous embroidered pictures as well as a few other things. So if you're at a loose end on Saturday, why not pop along and come and say hello.

I am also accepting commissions on my fantastic printed and embroidered pictures. So if you have a special birthday or wedding coming up, drop me an email or get in touch via my Facebook page and I would be delighted to make you a special and unique gift. 

For Ben & Caroline's wedding in April 
copyright Ballistic Owl 2013

Thank you for dropping by, see you next post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment