Thursday 22 September 2011

Looking back in time



Just been having a look at some new collections by some of my favourite companies and there's an interesting feel to this new batch of collections. We've just had a trend for all things science related and inspired by the 1951 Festival of Britain and the remake of old favourites such as Lucienne Day's Clayx. Now we seemed to have moved on slightly, but still in the same vein, naive interpretations of flowers and objects. I love Harlequins Delphinia (top image), with the tall plumes of brightly coloured flowers that flow nicely across the pattern. I also like Sanderson's Fitzroy (bottom image) with the almost faded out colours and simple leaf forms. It certainly seems we are looking back in time when life was much slower and less complicated.

I'll watch out for some of these new collections at Decorex and I'm sure I'll come back inspired and desperate to get designing new repeats!

No comments:

Post a Comment